Senior Developer in Mumbai, India
Help us create, lead, and transform meaningful organizations, brands, societies, and planet.
Voluntās is a young, busy, and growing advisory firm. Armed with a purpose-driven mentality (and a lot of hard work), we work together to make a meaningful impact on our beautiful world. We currently have offices in Beirut, Copenhagen, Khartoum, Mumbai, Oslo, Tunis, and San Francisco.
Rooted in humanistic capitalism, we work to grasp the core meaning of organizations to anchor it in leadership, culture, strategy, processes, performance management, and brand – from building purpose and strategic narratives to measuring and operationalizing meaningfulness, building the tools to help leaders make a meaningful impact.
We continue to strengthen our business and are now looking for a Senior Developer based in Mumbai, India. The Senior Developer will contribute to the expansion and elevation of our product portfolio across markets as part of our development team.
In addition to demonstrating the ability to design and implement elegant code solutions, you are expected to show the capacity to lead, roll up your sleeves, and have a constant focus on digital product development, project execution and personal growth of your team members. Furthermore, you approach work with independence, structure, and creativity. All with the purpose of realizing human potential and growing our global business.
So, if you are motivated by creating something that has never been done before, by doing something that will make a difference to others, and by making more lives more meaningful – then, please come work with us!
- You put honesty above compassion.
- You put self-awareness above self-confidence.
- You put facts above emotions.
- You put humbleness and hard work above good intentions.
- A computer science degree with 5+ years of experience or 7+ years of experience in web development.
- Expertise working in a full stack environment with experiences in developing end-to-end applications with both frontend and backend.
- Experience working with frontend frameworks like ReactJS (Good to have but not limited to).
- Experience with backend frameworks preferably Flask or Django.
- Good experience with data visualization toolkits and best practices.
- Familiarity with database engines (e.g., MySQL, MongoDB),
- Proficient with any versioning tools like Git, BitBucket, etc.
- Familiar with the dos and don’ts in UI/UX.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- 3+ years of experience leading teams in development tasks
- You display a structured mindset even in chaotic circumstances.
- You demonstrate a high level of personal accountability and strong work ethics.
- You can contribute with creative ideas to realize the full potential of organizations – and have the drive to implement these ideas.
- You like to mentor and guide peers to realize their own potential.
- You are knowledgeable about best practices, and more importantly, you know when to break them.
- You are passionate about design and philosophy.
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions.
- Identify, propose, and implement development guidelines and procedures.
- Design client-side and server-side architecture.
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design.
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications.
- QA software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software.
- Evaluate security and data protection settings.
- Drive development of features and applications with responsive design.
- Write technical documentation.
- Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software.
About Voluntās (Latin: will, goal, purpose, meaning)
Voluntās was created in 2015 with a clear purpose to realize human potential.
Management consultants by profession and philosophers by heart, we work with public actors, private enterprises, and investors from around the world in shaping strategies, business development, and policy with a meaningful impact. We believe it significantly increases the quality of living while we know it sustainably accelerates the productivity and profitability of doing business.
Voluntās’ digital product portfolio consists of among others the Meaningfulness Work Quotient, 360 Leadership Assessment, Cultural Fit Analysis and Cultural Due Diligence.
How to apply
Interested candidates should do the following:
- Write a short story of who you are as a human being.
- What is your most inspiring project imaginable in Voluntās (not a current one)
- Describe the three biggest weaknesses you will bring to Voluntās
Applications – including curriculum vitae – should be written in English with the title “Senior Developer at Voluntas”.
Selected candidates will be invited for interviews to discuss their interests, experiences, and self-awareness.
If you see yourself in this role, then do not let the fact that you do not check all the boxes keep you from applying. At Voluntas, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and meaningful workplace. To ensure all people are treated equally regardless of nationality, ethnicity, gender, and age, we encourage all applicants NOT to include pictures, names, or years of birth in their application.
For any inquiries – Please contact:
Zachary Helms firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to reach out: