Senior Associate Developer – Mumbai
Help us develop products that inspire and ignite human beings worldwide to act and to make organizations, brands, and the planet more meaningful.
Voluntās is a young, busy, and borderline chaotic advisory firm. Armed with a purpose-driven mentality (and a lot of diligence), we work together to make a meaningful impact on our beautiful world.
With our roots in humanistic capitalism, we strive to grasp at the core of meaningfulness. We do this to anchor meaningfulness in leadership, culture, strategy, performance management, and brands – from building purpose to developing strategic narratives, the focus is on measuring and operationalizing meaningfulness.
The Center for Applied Meaningfulness at Voluntas is seeking a Senior Associate Developer to guide the development of products based on our global research into meaningfulness. From our office in Mumbai, you will join a team of human beings who are management consultants by profession and philosophers by heart. To help our clients leverage the potential of our data-driven insights, we take a humble approach to collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing data. As much as we want to let data speak, we recognize that intuitive product design is necessary for deciding what is relevant – and what is simply noise.
As a senior associate developer with the Center for Applied Meaningfulness, you will be working closely with other Voluntarians to develop products that showcase our insights and enable our clients to realize their full potential. Specifically, you will guide a team in the development of a web-based platform that portrays compelling stories about how societies, organizations, brands, and the people inhabiting our planet can change for the better. You will also assist in identifying and prioritizing improvements and automation of internal processes to enable our team to fulfill its potential.
- You put honesty above compassion
- You put self-awareness above self-confidence
- You put facts above emotions
- You put humbleness and hard work above good intentions
- 5+ years of experience in web and desktop development
- Mastery of common python libraries (experience with Vaex and Dash is ideal)
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), AWS web hosting and UI/UX design
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- 2+ years of experience leading teams in development tasks
- Eligibility to work in India. Voluntas will not support relocation.
- You display a structured mindset even in chaotic circumstances
- You demonstrate a high level of personal accountability and strong work ethics
- You can contribute with creative ideas to realize the full potential of organizations – and have the drive to implement these ideas
- You would like to mentor and enable others to realize their own potential
- You are knowledgeable about best practices, and more importantly, you know when to break them
- You are passionate about design and philosophy
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Identify, propose, and implement development guidelines and procedures
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Evaluate security and data protection settings
- Drive development of features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write technical documentation
- Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software
About Voluntās (Latin: will, goal, purpose, meaning)
Voluntās was created in 2015 and has a clear purpose: to realize human potential. Since its creation, Voluntās has become one of the fastest-growing consultancies in Denmark, and now has offices in Copenhagen, Khartoum, and Tunis, with the number of employees steadily growing to our current size of 40 beautiful human beings.
Management consultants by profession and philosophers by heart, we specialize in advising companies, foundations, boards, leaders, and governments on how to create, adapt and drive a meaningful organization, brand, society, and planet.
We believe our contribution significantly increases the quality of living while we know it sustainably accelerates the productivity and profitability of doing business. Through humbleness and hard work, we pursue advisory and analytics that fundamentally change how human potential is led and realized.
How to apply
Please upload a resume (CV) and a cover letter, reflecting on the following:
- Write a short story of who you are as a human being
- What is your most inspiring project imaginable in Voluntās? (Not a current one)
- Imagine you could choose anyone (living or dead) to be your mentor for one full day.
Who would it be, and why?
The cover letter and CV should be written in English. Selected candidates will be invited for interviews to discuss their self-awareness, interests, and experience.
Deadline: July 24, 2022.
To ensure all people are treated equally regardless of ethnicity, gender, and age, we encourage all applicants NOT to include pictures, names, or year of birth in their application.
For any questions regarding the position, please reach out to Zachary Helms.