Senior Associate at Meaningful Societies in Beirut, Mumbai, Khartoum, or Tunis
About Voluntās (Latin: will, goal, purpose, meaning)
Voluntas is a consultancy that puts purpose above profit and aims to fundamentally change how human potential is led and realized. In our Meaningful Societies pillar, we provide fact-based policy options and recommendations based on extensive research and analysis in fragile and conflict-affected regions. We use our insights to underpin strategic thinking and evidence-based decision making. Our goal is to have a positive, sustainable impact on populations affected by crisis to improve their living standards and access to rights.
We work across Africa, the Middle East, and South Asia with a wide range of clients including UN agencies, international NGOs, major donors, and private companies. Our projects focus on policy and programming, research, needs assessments, perception studies, context monitoring, and monitoring and evaluation. We work on thematic areas such as governance, conflict resolution, political economy, informality, migration, prevention of violent extremism, youth, gender, human rights, employment, health, water, food security, and WASH.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join us as a senior associate at one of our offices in Beirut, Mumbai, Khartoum, or Tunis. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years’ experience working on research projects for an international organization, research institute, consultancy, or university.
- You put honesty above compassion
- You put self-awareness above self-confidence
- You put facts above emotions
- You put humbleness and hard work above good intentions
- Leading qualitative analysis and research and formulating and drafting clear recommendations for high-level clients
- Leading project and methodology design (including scoping, sampling, instrument development, and analytical frameworks)
- Overseeing development of presentations and drafting of reports
- Liaising with clients on project needs
- Supporting the development of proposals for project leads
- Supporting and mentoring junior staff based in Beirut, Copenhagen, Khartoum, Mumbai, and Tunis
- Masters in economics, political science, sociology, international development, or similar field
- Strong academic record
- Strong English drafting skills with demonstrated experience in delivering concise and high-quality products to clients
- Demonstrated experience with data management and statistical analysis software (SPSS, STATA, or R)
- Solid knowledge of research methods for social science (sampling, weighting, data cleaning and management, descriptive statistics, inference analysis)
- Familiarity with data visualization (Excel, Tableau, or PowerBI)
- Ability to lead qualitative and/or quantitative analysis research
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Results-oriented mindset
- Excellent written and spoken English; French and/or Arabic skills are a strong asset
- Intellectual curiosity and inquisitiveness
- High level of personal initiative, accountability, and a strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a resume (CV), grade transcript, and a cover letter (maximum one page) addressing the three points below:
- A time your actions positively impacted a community
- A time when something genuinely excited you
- An inspiring project at Voluntās you would like to work on (not a current Voluntās project)
The cover letter (maximum one page) and CV must be written in English. Selected candidates will be invited for a written test/quantitative assessment followed by interviews to discuss their self-awareness, interests, and experience. In your cover letter, please indicate your preferred location
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, irrespective of age, gender, race, or ethnicity.
For any inquiries feel free to contact Rebecca John (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Feel free to reach out: