Project Leader at Voluntās Meaningful Societies in Tunis
About Voluntās (Latin: will, goal, purpose, meaning)
Voluntas is a consultancy that puts purpose above profit with a stated purpose of realizing human potential. In our Meaningful Societies centre of curiosity, we provide fact-based policy options and recommendations based on extensive research and analysis in fragile and conflict-affected regions. Our goal is to have a positive, sustainable impact on populations affected by crisis to improve their living standards and access to rights. We collect data, conduct analytics, and generate insights for both the private and public sectors. We use our insights to underpin strategic thinking and evidence-based decision making.
We work extensively in the Middle East and North Africa region with a wide range of clients including UN agencies, international NGOs, major donors, and private companies. Our projects focus on policy and programming, research, needs assessments, perception studies, context monitoring, and monitoring and evaluation. We work on thematic areas such as governance, conflict resolution, political economy, migration, prevention of violent extremism, youth, gender, human rights, employment, health, water, food security, and WASH.
We are looking for a seasoned professional and highly motivated individual with excellent project management skills to join us as a Project Leader at our office in Tunis. The ideal candidate will have five to seven years’ experience working on complex development/humanitarian support projects for an international organization, research institute, consultancy, or university.
At Voluntās we do not have values. We have virtues. The concept of value originates from the language of economics, whereas the concept of virtues originates from the language of morality. Voluntās is not about economics, but all about morality. To thrive with us:
- You put honesty above compassion
- You put self-awareness above self-confidence
- You put facts above emotions
- You put humbleness and hard work above good intentions
Business Development and Thought Leadership
- Develop new client engagements, initiate meetings, and leverage and develop networks of donors, NGOs and international organizations present in Tunisia and the MENA region
- Nurture existing client relations to ensure high-quality communication and awareness of needs and opportunities
- Develop and pitch proposals for project leads
- Assess and seek out opportunities in new markets/geographies
- Contribute to the development of concepts and workstreams to solidify and expand Voluntas’ position in the sector
- Support the development of new and innovative meaningful products for clients
- Liaise with existing clients based on project needs
- Guide implementation of project activities, quality assurance, report-writing, and presentation of findings for clients
- Review and provide oversight of project activities carried out by Associates and Senior Associates
- Enhance project delivery through providing thematic expertise in one or more relevant fields – e.g., M&E, governance, migration, employment/labour market, stabilization, gender, PVE etc.
- Support the implementation of the Nos Racines project funded by the EU aiming at preventing violent extremism in Tunisia. Support the project team, coordinate with the EU, institutions and partners, review products and follow results achievements and compliance.
Human Potential and Administration
- Support the Head of Office in overseeing day-to-day administrative and financial management of the Voluntas office in Tunis
- Support in conceptualizing and structuring the setup of office in new geographies
- Support and mentor Copenhagen-, Khartoum-, Mumbai, and Tunis-based staff, and ensure continuous communication between offices
- Support recruitment of staff for the Meaningful Societies team as needed
- At least five years relevant experience from a top-tier consultancy, international organization, International NGO, or equivalent
- MA, MBA, or PhD with a strong academic record in social sciences, economics, strategy, or similar
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a drive to win new clients
- Robust analytical skills with a flair for conceptual thinking, results-driven mindset, and ability to manage multiple workstreams and projects
- High level of personal accountability and a strong work ethic
- Strong interest in international issues and sustainable development
- Experience with entrepreneurial environments is a strong asset
- Fluency in English and native French level is required
- Previous experience and network with potential clients in the North African region are a strong asset, as well as previous experience working on large EU contracts
How to apply
Please send an e-mail with your resume and a cover letter reflecting the following:
- Write a short story of who you are as a human being
- Tell us about your most inspiring project imaginable in Voluntas (not a current one)
- Describe the three biggest weaknesses you will bring to Voluntās
The cover letter and CV must be written in English. Selected candidates will be invited for a written test/French assessment, followed by interviews to discuss their self-awareness, interests, and experience.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To ensure all people are treated equally regardless of ethnicity, gender, and age, we encourage all applicants NOT to include pictures, names, or years of birth in their application.