Internship: Meaningful Societies in Tunis (National Position)
About Voluntās (Latin: will, goal, purpose, meaning)
Voluntas is a development consultancy that puts purpose above profit and aims to fundamentally change how human potential is led and realized. In our Meaningful Societies pillar, we provide fact-based policy options and recommendations based on extensive research and analysis in fragile and conflict-affected regions. Our goal is to have a positive, sustainable impact on populations affected by crisis in order to improve their living standards and access to rights. We collect data, conduct analytics, and generate insights for both the private and public sectors. We use our insights to underpin strategic thinking and evidence-based decision making.
▪ You put honesty above compassion
▪ You put self-awareness above self-confidence
▪ You put facts above emotions
▪ You put humbleness and hard work above good intentions
Main Responsibilities include:
▪ Conducting desk research
▪ Performing quantitative and/or qualitative analysis
▪ Contributing to business development
▪ Contributing to project and methodology design (including scoping, sampling, instrument development, and analytical frameworks)
▪ Conducting interviews with relevant stakeholders
▪ Developing presentations and reports
▪ Providing administrative support and input to internal strategic processes
▪ Bachelor’s or License degree in economics, political science, international development, international law, or similar field; Master’s degree a plus
▪ Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Arabic; French is a strong asset
▪ Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
▪ Strong academic record
▪ Demonstrated interest in international issues and in particular, the Middle East and/or Africa region
▪ Results-oriented mindset
▪ Intellectual curiosity and inquisitiveness
▪ High level of personal initiative, accountability, and a strong work ethic
▪ Cultural awareness and ability to work in a team
▪ Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
▪ Experience with statistical and visualization software (SPSS, Excel, Tableau, PowerBI) is a strong asset
We work extensively in the Middle East and North Africa region with a wide range of clients including UN agencies, international NGOs, major donors, and private companies. Our projects focus on policy and programming, research, needs assessments, perception studies, context monitoring, and monitoring and evaluation. We work on thematic areas such as governance, conflict resolution, political economy, informality, migration, prevention of violent extremism, youth, gender, human rights, employment, health, water, food security, and WASH.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a resume (CV), grade transcript, and a one-page cover letter addressing the three points below:
- Tell us who you are as a human being
- What is the most inspiring project you would like to work on at Voluntas (not a current Voluntās project)?
- What are your three biggest weaknesses?
The cover letter and CV should be written in English. Selected candidates will be invited for a problem-solving test and written assessment followed by interviews to discuss their self-awareness, interests, and experience.
Please note, applicants must hold Tunisian citizenship and be enrolled in a university program in Tunisia.
Deadline: Monday 24th January 2022. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis, so applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, irrespective of age, gender, race, or ethnicity.
The six-month internship is expected to start February 1st, 2022.
Feel free to reach out: