Internship at Voluntās Policy Advisory
at Voluntās Policy
› Copenhagen, Denmark or Tunis, Tunisia
The position (Tunis or Copenhagen office)
The main goal of our full-time internship program is to provide Master’s students and recent graduates with a hands-on opportunity to experience working as a consultant on analytically challenging assignments in international development and policy advisory.
The six-month internship program is designed to introduce the intern to our problem solving methodologies, teamwork and client projects. You will serve as a full-time member of our team, receive day-to-day coaching and experience the challenges of working with international clients on complex assignments. As an intern you are expected to contribute to our work by applying critical and creative thinking on strategic issues and propose problem-solving frameworks to address key client challenges.
About Voluntās Policy
Voluntās Policy is a consultancy company driven by creating strategies with a purpose beyond profit and developing policies for a sustainable impact. We provide fact-based recommendations and policy options based on extensive research and analysis in volatile regions. Our goal is to have a positive impact on populations affected by crisis in order to improve their living standards and access to rights. We collect data, conduct analytics, and generate insights for both the private and public sectors. We use our insights to underpin strategic thinking and evidence-based decision making. By doing this we…
… deliver strategic and context sensitive monitoring and evaluation
… produce data-driven policy options
… carry out context specific due diligence for private and public partners
Since 2015, we have worked extensively in North Africa with a number of clients including UN agencies, international NGOs, major donors, and private companies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or higher academic qualification
- Strong academic record in economics, political science, international development, strategy or similar
- Interest in international issues and our focus areas of governance, stabilization, employment/entrepreneurship
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- French and/or Arabic language skills are strong assets
- Results-oriented mindset
- International experience a strong asset
- Intellectual curiosity and inquisitiveness
- High level of personal accountability and strong work ethic
Quantitative and qualitative analysis
Project and administrative support
Report and proposal writing
- Support for internal strategy processes
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a resume, grade transcript and cover letter that answers these three questions:
- Write a short story of who you are as a human being
2. Tell us about your most inspiring project imaginable in Voluntās (not a current one)
3. Describe the three biggest weaknesses you will bring to Voluntās
Applications should be sent in English to firstname.lastname@example.org and should indicate a preference for the Copenhagen or Tunis office, or both. Deadline for applications is March 27th.
Selected candidates will be invited for a problem solving test, and potentially to interviews to discuss their interests and experience and to test their problem-solving skills through case studies. The internship is planned to start in August 2020. The intern will receive a small remuneration.
If you have any questions, please contact Mathias Esmann on +4522832787 or email@example.com
Humbleness and Hard Work
above good intentions