Associate – Voluntās Meaningful Societies in Tunis
About Voluntās (Latin: will, goal, purpose, meaning)
Voluntas is a development consultancy that puts purpose above profit and aims to fundamentally change how human potential is led and realized. In our Meaningful Societies pillar, we provide fact-based policy options and recommendations based on extensive research and analysis in fragile and conflict-affected regions. Our goal is to have a positive, sustainable impact on populations affected by crisis in order to improve their living standards and access to rights. We collect data, conduct analytics, and generate insights for both the private and public sectors. We use our insights to underpin strategic thinking and evidence-based decision making.
We work extensively in the Middle East and North Africa region with a wide range of clients including UN agencies, international NGOs, major donors, and private companies. Our projects focus on policy and programming, research, needs assessments, perception studies, context monitoring, and monitoring and evaluation. We work on thematic areas such as governance, conflict resolution, political economy, informality, migration, prevention of violent extremism, youth, gender, human rights, employment, health, water, food security, and WASH. To further support our portfolio of projects in the region, we are looking to hire an Associate for our Tunis office.
- You put honesty above compassion
- You put self-awareness above self-confidence
- You put facts above emotions
- You put humbleness and hard work above good intentions
- At least 2 years relevant experience from a top-tier consultancy, international organization or equivalent
- MA or MBA from a top university with a strong academic record in social sciences, economics, international relations, international development, strategy, or similar
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Robust analytical skills with a flair for conceptual thinking
- Results-driven mindset and ability to manage multiple workstreams and projects
- High level of personal accountability and a strong work ethic
- Strong interest in international issues and sustainable development
- Excellent communication skills, including written and spoken English
- Cultural awareness and ability to work in a team
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience with statistical and visualization software (SPSS, Excel, Tableau, PowerBI) is a strong asset
- Fluency in Arabic and/or French are strong assets
- Previous experience and network with potential clients in the North African region are a plus
- Candidates from the MENA region are strongly encouraged to apply
- Liaise with existing clients based on project needs
- Support implementation of project activities – analysis, quality assurance, report-writing, and result-visualization
- Lead analysis of data on projects and provide oversight of project activities carried out by analysts
- Enhance project delivery through providing thematic expertise in a relevant field – e.g. M&E, sustainability, migration, employment/labor market, or stabilization
Business Development and Thought Leadership
- Support in facilitating client engagements, participate in meetings and networks of donors, NGOs, and international organizations present in Tunisia
- Underpin existing client relations by providing input to high-quality communication and awareness of needs and opportunities
- Support the development of proposals for project leads
- Contribute to the development of concepts and workstreams to solidify and expand Voluntas’ position
Human Potential and Administration
- Support and mentor Tunis-based analysts, and support continuous communication between offices in Copenhagen, Khartoum, and Tunis
How to apply
Please send a resume and a one-page cover letter reflecting on the following:
- A time your actions positively impacted a community
- A time in the last few years when something genuinely excited you
- Your most inspiring project imaginable in Voluntas (not a current project)
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, irrespective of age, gender, race, or ethnicity.
Please visit www.voluntasgroup.com to apply for the position. Applications should be written in English. Selected candidates will be invited for interviews to discuss their self-awareness, interests, and experience.
Deadline: October 15, 2020 (12:00 GMT +1).
The position is aimed to be filled in October. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
For any inquiries, feel free to contact Rebecca John at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to reach out: