Associate at Meaningful Societies in Khartoum, Sudan
About Voluntās (Latin: will, goal, purpose, meaning)
Voluntās is an advisory firmthat puts purpose above profit and aims to fundamentally change how human potential is led and realized. In our Meaningful Societies center of curiosity, we provide fact-based policy options and recommendations based on extensive research and analysis in fragile and conflict-affected regions. Our goal is to have a positive, sustainable impact on populations affected by crisis in order to improve their living standards and access to rights. We collect data, conduct analytics, and generate insights for both the private and public sectors. We use our insights to underpin strategic thinking and evidence-based decision making.
We work extensively in the Middle East and North Africa region with a wide range of clients including UN agencies, international NGOs, major donors, and private companies. Our projects focus on policy and programming, research, needs assessments, perception studies, context monitoring, and monitoring and evaluation. We work on thematic areas such as governance, conflict resolution, political economy, informality, migration, prevention of violent extremism, youth, gender, human rights, employment, health, water, food security, and WASH.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with excellent drafting skills to join us as associate in Khartoum. The ideal candidates will have 2-3 years’ experience working on monitoring and evaluation and/or research projects for an international organization, research institute, consultancy, or university.
- You put honesty above compassion
- You put self-awareness above self-confidence
- You put facts above emotions
- You put humbleness and hard work above good intentions
Main Responsibilities include:
- Conducting desk research and data collection
- Performing quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Contributing to business development
- Contributing to project and methodology design (including scoping, sampling, instrument development, and analytical frameworks)
- Conducting interviews with relevant stakeholders
- Developing presentations and reports
- Providing administrative support and input to internal strategic processes
- Supporting and mentoring analysts
- Bachelor’s or License degree in economics, statistics, political science, international development, international law, or similar field; Master’s degree a plus
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic; other languages such as French are a strong asset
- Experience with data management and statistical analysis software (SPSS, STATA, or R)
- Knowledge of quantitative research methods for social science (sampling, weighting, data cleaning and management, descriptive statistics, inference analysis)
- Familiarity with data visualization (Excel, Tableau, PowerBI)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Demonstrated interest in international issues and in particular, the Middle East and/or Africa region
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and a results-oriented mindset
- Intellectual curiosity and inquisitiveness
- High level of personal initiative, accountability, and a strong work ethic
- Cultural awareness and ability to work in a team
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a resume (CV), and a one-page cover letter addressing the three points below:
- A time your actions positively impacted a community.
- What is the most inspiring project you would like to work on at Voluntas (not a current Voluntas project)?
- What are the three biggest weaknesses you would bring to Voluntas?
The cover letter and CV should be written in English. Selected candidates will be invited for a problem-solving test and/or a written assessment, followed by interviews to discuss their self-awareness, interests, and experience.
Please note, applicants must hold Sudanese citizenship.
Deadline: Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis, so applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
If you see yourself in this role, then do not let the fact that you do not check all the boxes keep you from applying. At Voluntas, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and meaningful workplace. To ensure all people are treated equally regardless of nationality, ethnicity, gender, and age, we encourage all applicants NOT to include pictures, names, or years of birth in their application.
For any inquiries feel free to contact Dana Fuentes (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Feel free to reach out: