at Policy Advisory
› Tunis, Tunisia
About Voluntās Policy Advisory
Voluntās Policy Advisory is a consultancy company driven by creating strategies with a purpose beyond profit and developing policies for sustainable impact. We provide fact-based recommendations and policy options based on extensive research and analysis in volatile regions.
Our goal is to have a positive impact on populations affected by crisis in order to improve their living standards and access to fundamental rights. We collect data, conduct analytics, and generate insights for both the private and public sectors. We use our insights to underpin strategic thinking and evidence-based decision making. By doing this we…
… deliver strategic and context-sensitive monitoring and evaluation
… produce data-driven policy options
… carry out context-specific due diligence for private and public partners
Since 2015, we have worked extensively in North Africa with various clients including UN agencies, international NGOs, major donors, and private companies. To further support our portfolio of projects in the region, we are looking to hire an Associate for our Tunis office.
- You put honesty above compassion
- You put self-awareness above self-confidence
- You put facts above emotions
- You put humbleness and hard work above good intentions
- At least 2 years relevant experience from a top-tier consultancy, international organization or equivalent
- MA, MBA, or PhD from a top university with a strong academic record in social sciences, economics, strategy, or similar
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Robust analytical skills with a flair for conceptual thinking
- Results-driven mindset and ability to manage multiple workstreams and projects
- High level of personal accountability and a strong work ethic
- Strong interest in international issues and sustainable development
- Experience with data analysis and visualization is a strong asset
- Experience with entrepreneurial environments and fluency in Arabic and/or French are strong assets
- Previous experience and network with potential clients in the North African region are a strong asset
- Candidates from the MENA region are strongly encouraged to apply
Business Development and Thought Leadership
- Support in facilitating client engagements, participate in meetings and networks of donors, NGOs and international organizations present in Tunisia
- Underpin existing client relations by providing input to high-quality communication and awareness of needs and opportunities
- Support the development of proposals for project leads
- Contribute to the development of concepts and workstreams to solidify and expand Voluntas’ position
- Liaise with existing clients based on project needs
- Support implementation of project activities – analysis, quality assurance, report-writing, and result-visualization
- Lead analysis of data on projects and provide oversight of project activities carried out by Analysts
- Enhance project delivery through providing thematic expertise in a relevant field – e.g. M&E, sustainability, migration, employment/labor market, or stabilization
Human Potential and Administration
- Support and mentor Tunis-based Analysts, and support continuous communication between offices in Copenhagen and Tunis
How to apply
Please send a resume and a cover letter reflecting on the following:
- A time your actions positively impacted a community
- A time in the last few years when something genuinely excited you
- Your most inspiring project imaginable in Voluntas (not a current project)
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, irrespective of age, gender, race, or ethnicity.
Applications should be written in English. Selected candidates will be invited for interviews to discuss their self-awareness, interests, and experience.
Deadline: September 24, 2020 (12:00 GMT +1).
The position is aimed to be filled as soon as possible.
For any inquiries, feel free to contact the Head of our Tunis Office, Estelle Allano, at email@example.com
Humbleness and Hard Work
above good intentions