Associate – Voluntās Meaningful Societies in Beirut, Mumbai or Tunis
Beirut, Mumbai or Tunis
About Voluntās (Latin: will, goal, purpose, meaning)
Voluntas is a consultancy that puts purpose above profit with the goal of realizing human potential. In our Meaningful Societies center of curiosity, we provide fact-based policy options and recommendations based on extensive research and analysis in fragile and conflict-affected regions. We aim to have a positive, sustainable impact on populations affected by crisis to improve their living standards and access to rights. We collect data, conduct analytics, and generate insights for both the private and public sectors. We use our insights to underpin strategic thinking and evidence-based decision making.
We work a wide range of clients including UN agencies, international NGOs, major donors, and private companies to conduct research, needs assessments, perception studies, context monitoring, monitoring and evaluation, and context-sensitive third-party monitoring. We work on thematic areas such as democracy and governance, conflict resolution, political economy, migration, prevention of violent extremism, youth, gender, human rights, employment, health, water, food security, and WASH. We work extensively in the Middle East and North Africa region and are currently expanding our operations into Asia.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with excellent drafting and communication skills to join us as an associate at one of our offices in Beirut, Mumbai, or Tunis. The associate will play in key role in supporting business development and communication activities, but also provide ad-hoc support on research projects where necessary. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years’ experience working on business development, research proposal development, fundraising, or communications for an international organization, research institute, consultancy, or university.
- You put honesty above compassion
- You put self-awareness above self-confidence
- You put facts above emotions
- You put humbleness and hard work above good intentions
- Lead business development efforts in response to public tenders and direct awards
- Identify and actively seek out new opportunities related to the areas in which we work
- Develop relationships with potential partners and clients
- Work with relevant team members to draft high-quality proposals reflecting Voluntas’ capacities and purpose
- Contribute to improvement and maintenance of internal business development processes and tools
- Develop and draft materials for public communication of Voluntas products and activities
- Actively work to increase Voluntas’s visibility within relevant networks
- Support project teams in preparing and finalizing deliverables where required
- Support and mentor junior staff based in Beirut, Copenhagen, Khartoum, Mumbai, and Tunis
- Master’s degree in economics, international development, journalism, communications, or similar field
- Strong academic record
- Excellent drafting skills with demonstrated experience delivering concise and high-quality products
- Previous experience leading and writing full proposals
- Results-oriented mindset
- Excellent written and spoken English; French and/or Arabic skills are a strong asset
- Intellectual curiosity and inquisitiveness
- High level of personal initiative, accountability, and a strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience from working with USG agencies and/or EU grants and awards would be a strong asset
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a resume (CV), grade transcript, and a cover letter (maximum one page) addressing the three points below:
- A time your actions positively impacted a community
- A time when something genuinely excited you
- An inspiring project at Voluntās you would like to work on (not a current Voluntās project)
The cover letter and CV must be written in English. Selected candidates will be invited for a written test followed by interviews to discuss their self-awareness, interests, and experience.
Applications will be viewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply asap.
If you see yourself in this role, then do not let the fact that you do not check all the boxes keep you from applying. At Voluntas, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and meaningful workplace. To ensure all people are treated equally regardless of nationality, ethnicity, gender, and age, we encourage all applicants NOT to include pictures, names, or years of birth in their application.
Feel free to reach out: